It was very sad news, but she seems to have passed away in her sleep and I think that is the nicest way to go.
Apparently I am not the best at doling out news like this since when I called my brothers they both said, "What!?..... Are you kidding!?" And then I unfortunately had to give my mom the news as well... and she thought I was kidding too! Like I am the kind of person who goes around telling people that their grannies are dead and then yelling, "PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I also had another "weird thing" happen before I heard the news. (Not as weird as the dream when my Grampy died last year, but still weird) I was bringing Jessi and Mikayla to Mikayla's house and on the way there she told me that she was moving away to New Jersey next year. I dropped them off and tears just started streaming down my face and I could NOT stop crying. I was also kinda laughing at myself because I was thinking, "WOW... I am NOT this sad about Mikayla moving away! I mean I like the girl and all, but this is just plain craziness. Why the hell am I crying like this!!??? I think I'm losing my freakin' mind!"
They said that it looked like Nana got up and had a little breakfast, then went and laid back down, so the timing of my "episode" probably would have been right when she passed away.
Not sure what that all means, but when I talked to Rick about it, he said, "WOW... I think it just means that you all have some kind of psychotic connection." Good thing I didn't marry him for his strong vocab skills.
I will miss my Nana very much. She was somethin' else!! But I am glad that she was able to go so peacefully.
11 comments:
hugs and love to you. she sounded like quiet a firecracker. I'm sure you will carry on her legacy. HUGS!!!
I have a strong vocab. just like Rick.... I meant "quite"
I am sorry about your Nana! She was something- no doubt! The good news is, Jewels- I flake out often so you shouldn't have to wait long for me to mess up again! LOL- Mindy! I asked her what she DID marry me for if not my vocab! Her answer was DIRTY! LOL
Yeah Mindy... the answer she gave him was "Feet"
I never really know what to say about subjects like this colleen so I always just make some stupid remark... So I took the cheap shot at Rick. ;0)
I loved your blogs about your Nana. Even long after I read them I would think about them when I came across something she took issue with (why do people think it's okay to skip the stockings?!)and smile. I'm so sorry she's gone.
So, I'm sitting here tearing up over your post (because I have no control over the waterworks latety) and Aidan is tearing up because Troy and Gabrielle are splitting up in HSM2. We both just kind of looked at each other like "I won't say anyting if you don't"
It's nice to have a psychotic link with your kids, I think.
Trust me! NO ONE would EVER marry me for my feet! LOL. Vocabulary would beat out feet! I love psychotic links, Ingrid! LOL
I really am sorry about your Nana. I love your positive twist in your blog though! You really made me LOL. And you know what else is crazy... literally not even an hour before you called Tim was talking about his grandparents (I can't remember why... but he just mentioned them). And all of a sudden you called. WEIRD!
I was listening to your guys convo (naturally) and at first I thought Sophie died (the cat). I wish I had a chance to meet her...I loved your stories about her and the off-the-wall comments she would make. She sounded like a STRONG OPINIONATED person.
Rainy Nana was something, thats for sure.
Pretty unforgettable!
do you mean it had "feet" in the answer??
Yes- it did have feet in it! She said she loves me for the part of me that is, "the size of new born baby feet!" Not both together either- just one! LOL
Psychotic connection - rofl!!!!! Go Rick! Spencer shares that connection. The other night Spencer, in his room alone, said to the air in general, ‘Nana, I’m going to roll the dice. If you’re here, make it land on 6…’ It landed on 6. Then he asked ‘Nana, are you in heaven? If so, roll a 2…’ The dice landed on 2. THEN he said, ‘Nana, should I not be doing this? Roll a 1...’ And sure enough he rolled a 1. Leave it to Spencer and his 'psychotic connection' to get the skinny on Nana….
Post a Comment