Saturday, June 09, 2007

Blah day.

What a blahhhhh day. I woke up at 630 and was wide awake but there was no way in HELL I was getting up on a SATURDAY at the freakin' crack of dawn! So I forced myself to go back to sleep and I slept til 9am. Big Mistake. I felt crappy all day because of it. Sean and my allergies were also acting up (I never even HAD allergies until this year!! I'm thinking maybe because I never lived in a meadow before ;) ). So around 1pm Sean and I headed upstairs for a nap and we both slept til 430!! Jessi also fell asleep down here on the couch. Sleepy day!

After napping, I still didn't feel 'right,' so Jessi and I stayed home from Zack's B'day party and watched Legally Blonde together. When Rick got home with Sean... Sean showed me a toy that he brought home from Zack's and Rick says, "He said it was his and he forgot it last time we were there." I looked at the toy quizzically, then looked at Sean with raised eyebrows (silently saying... 'you and I both know that is NOT your toy and you lied to your Daddy!') He immediately handed me the toy, burst into tears and started to run up to his room. It was so sad how devastated he was... but we couldn't just let him get away with lying and stealing!! So I called him back and gave him a lecture and made him apologize to Rick. Rick said that after Sean said it was his... everyone there AGREED with him and Zack said it was Sean's too... so Sean REALLY thought he was going to get away with it. I don't know whose toy it is... but it isn't Sean's... and Sean knew it! So he ran upstairs to his room. I went up after awhile to talk to him and he was still crying and told me he knew it wasn't his toy and he was sorry.

Then I went to Walmart with Jessi. While at Walmart, Sean called me on my cell phone absolutely hysterical crying... I couldn't even understand what he was saying and he sounded so sad it almost made ME cry! Apparently Rick had a talk with him about it... and after that it was still weighing on his mind and he was scared about what I was going to say to him when I got home. Rick assured him that we were done talking about it. It's really hard to punish a kid when they are doling out even worse punishment on themself than you would have done!! Based on his reactions tonight though.... I don't think we will be dealing with that issue again.

No comments: