Monday, June 18, 2007

First "official" day of summer

My PLAN was to keep things 'low-key' today as to not set a precedent that summer was going to be a non-stop bonanza of fun ;) Plus I let Rick have my van today, so I knew we wouldn't be going anywhere since I hate driving his piece of crap truck.

Sean is a scrapbooking fool these days (because he wants to fill his whole album), so first thing in the morning he was in there making pages. I went in with him after my morning Xena/coffee/e-mail/blog routine and scrapped a bit myself. Jessi joined us too after finishing up 'The Sixth Sense" that she was scared to watch the rest of last night (even scary movies aren't so scary in the morning sunlight ;) )


THEN... the mail came and all the pictures that I ordered arrived! WOO HOO!! In addition to LOTS of new pictures to scrap....I ordered some 6x8 pictures to put into a couple old window frames that I found AGES ago and finally decided to put a use to! I still have a couple more 9 section frames... I think I am going to use those in my bedroom which I still haven't even thought about decorating. I couldn't get a great photo because of the glare... oh well, you get the idea! I can't wait to see what Rick says about them... He hates "old stuff" and totally doesn't get why people WANT things to look "old" or "distressed." Yeah... he's a wierdo.


After all our crafty time, we decided to take a walk down to the brook for a little fishing.



We didn't stay at the brook very long, the bugs were terrible. They caught a few sunfish and spotted a bunch of crayfish. Sean pouted and sulked the whole walk home because he didn't want to leave. He got over it quickly when I reminded him that home=popsicle ;)

Tomorrow we'll try the 'low-key' thing again.

5 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

That sand bagging little rat can take his own fish off? He always makes me do it for him! Sounds like you guys had a fun day! I can't wait to read Jessi's new blog! LOL

Mindy said...

Like what you did with the old windows. I have something similar in my dining room!

Colleen said...

LOL... Yup he can! Guess he knows he has you wrapped around his little finger ;) Hey... I can take my own fish off too, but if you are there no way in hell I'm touchin' a fish OR a worm!

Rebecca said...

adorable layout and love those framed photos.

Wendy said...

Well I don't blame Sean one bit...I end up having to come home early from our creek because of a toddler that is bored, when I would prefer to stay and fish...lol
Loved the frames and the photos, GREAT job! As for taking fish off and putting worms on I use leather gloves and you won't catch me fishing without them...lol...My hubby laughs at me and my gloves...