Thursday, June 14, 2007

Meadow Safari

Sean brings me flowers about 27 times a day. Yes... I know... "Awwwww." And it is very cute and sweet... the first 23 times ;)

After my first batch of flowers he said, "Mommy, I want to go outside and swing and look for stuff and I want you to come with me and take some pictures." Wow... does he know how to work me, or WHAT!? ;)


First on the agenda was a little swingin' Thanks to a visit from his pal Sophie... Sean is an OFFICIAL "pumper" now! How cute is it that Aunt Nancy keeps a path mowed from our swing set over to her house? :)


A boy and his dog. Awwwww. I think the satellite dish coming out of Sean's head adds a certain 'je ne sais quoi,' don't you? ;)



Nicky is mad because he has to be on a run. I feel bad.. but he can't hear me calling him anymore (although sometimes I am pretty sure he can and is just too old to give a rat's ass) and tends to wander off.


Next on the agenda was a little bug and snake safari in the meadow.


CHECK ME OUT all rockin' the camera settings n' shit! :D If there is a hidden camera in my yard.. someone got a good laugh at this photo shoot. I would get in close to photograph the bee... then everytime it BZZZZZZZZd over to another flower, I would jump back and run away a little ...lol.


Have I showed you all the "Ghetto Feeder" before? Rick decided one Sunday morning that we needed a birdfeeder IMMEDIATELY... like "NO! THERE IS NO TIME TO GO BUY ONE..WE NEED ONE ...NOOOOOOWWWWW!!" I was dying laughing at him all morning because he was thinking he was some master woodcrafter... and then when he was finished.... we all laughed together...lol!! I must admit though... the birds do like it... ghetto or not. Last week we even had an INDIGO BUNTING--VERY rare in this part of Maine! He must have been slummin'...lol!


Not much else planned for today. Tomorrow is Jessi's last day of school!! She is very excited ...although I am not sure why since when she is home "everything is BORING." Hopefully we can stay busy this summer because once the boredom sets in... things get not-so-nice around here! ;)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

you really are rocking the camera! LOVE that pic of Sean!!! Awesome girl, and that bee... you go! Nice bird feeder..... ;)

photo_chick said...

Those are great! I love the bee and the one with your DS and the net. I love your bird feeder. My Dad built many "ghetto" items. We called them redneck art. One that I had to snag from his yrd was an airplane thing he built ou tof 2x4 scraps and a broken fan. (sadly it broke last year)

Kristie said...

Great photos! I like the one with the satelite coming out of Sean's head! =)

Nicole said...

Great pics, I would have paid to see you trying to get the pic of th bee! LOL!