...about my "Days left in office" ticker.
Up until now I have never given a rats ass about politics. So I guess maybe the ONE POSITIVE THING that Bush has done is to make me care. What tipped me over the edge was a discussion Nicole and I had about the "No child left behind" thing. I have known all along about how badly it is screwing up our education system, but until I actually laid it all out and said it all out loud when I was telling Nicole about it (she knew some... but not having a kid in school yet... she didn't really realize the full extent of the damage that it is causing), it didn't really hit me that I am really angry about it!
Then there is the whole "war thing." Not even GOING there today except to say that it seems pretty strange to me that it's looking like Bush is now looking to pick a fight with Iran despite that fact that Korea is doing WAY WORSE stuff. Seems to ME Lil Bush is just trying and find a fight that he thinks he can win and is dragging the rest of us along on his bruised ego trip.
So for I am just keeping my eyes and ears open. Right now I am still more interested in researching the Nikon d40 than all the bazillion candidates ;) There are just too many candidates right now and researching them all would be a waste of time IMO. I will wait until we lose some of the stragglers and only those that actually COULD win are left. THEN I will be for the first time ever... using my vote wisely. Although that is a whole OTHER can of worms since as we learned last election, it doesn't even MATTER who the country votes in......
Whoever does get the next presidency certainly has their work cut out for them... it will take YEARS to fix the damage the Bush Administration has caused.
1/20/09 can't come fast enough.
3 comments:
You know, I don't think you have EVER paid attention either! He didn't screw interns in the White House which makes him better than Clinton already and Clinton didn't have 911 happen when he was in office even though Clinton was the reason 911 happened! I am SURE everything will be all better when Clinton's wife gets there! Might as well get the bond fire ready so I can burn my guns!
I would much rather an intern get screwed than our ENTIRE COUNTRY?? How many soldiers are dying needlessly because Clinton got a blow job? How many kids are getting dumber every day? How many teachers are giving up because they can't do their jobs like they should be able to? And what about the corrupt judges...'lost' e-mails... WAY worse of a scandal that actually affects US!!
Well said Colleen!
The President can screw his brains out as long as he is doing his job serving our country not screwing our country.
Clinton did a much better job than Bush, he just couldn't keep it in his pants like A LOT of men!
Post a Comment