Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Spooooooooooky

For one semester I lived in the dorms at UMO. One night I was just driving back to the dorms from a poker game at Rick's house (well....actually his PARENTS house....lol) at like 2:30 in the morning. A couple miles from the exit I had to adjust my mirror because a tractor-trailer truck behind was blinding me with his headlights (as they often do). When I looked behind me I was surprised to see about 20 trucks behind me...all in a row. I remember thinking...where the heck are they all going?? Are they all from one company? Or did they just happen to all be together because at that time of the night....pretty much the only people on the road are truckers?

Anyway.....I glancedback at them several times and thought about them throughout the rest of the way to the exit. When I approached the on-ramp, I braced myself for the wind and noise you get when trucks pass you....and nothing happened. I looked behind me....and there
was NOTHING there....and they never passed me!! The interstate was COMPLETELY
quiet. It was SOOO wierd. There was NO EXIT in between when I noticed them
and my exit. Ghost trucks??



Why am I telling you all my spooky story today? Well because this morning I was looking for... something... I can't even remember what now. I was at google and I went to google groups search and found my post about this story on alt.folklore.ghost-stories . I used to be a TOTAL newsgroup junkie! So just for kicks, I googled my screenname that I always use (lapeen... and several versions of it lapeen2...74...etc) and spent the morning remembering the past and laughing at myself! I was VERY active at rec.arts.disney.parks and it was fun to read all my past trip reports that I posted there! I was also very active for awhile in some aquarium groups. I had forgotten SO much! I didn't even remember that I had 2 tanks for awhile... and I also didn't remember what a hard time I had with the live plants! In fact... in one post I so frustrated with my algae and plant issues that I threatened to quit the whole plant thing and the thread got up to like 76 post of people trying to talk me down from my ledge...lol! I was also a card carrying member of alt.collecting.beanie-babies.... ROFL!!!! It is so funny how much I had forgotten and how different my life was back when I posted some of those posts!! There are posts from when Jessi was a BABY on there!! I guess for some it would be freaky to have so much of their life on display... but obviously I am not the type of person to give a rat's ass about that ;)

Anyway... it was a fun little trip down memory lane :) Off to do sumthin.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Col, I LOVE the new look!!!! LOVE IT! and that is a spooky story!

Nicole said...

ROFL!! Too freaking funny, my mother has a similiar story traveling down that stretch of the interstate going up north.

Rick Jordan said...

Your new blog look is cool! LOL. Yes, I remember all those stages in your life! I don't buy a convoy of ghost trucks though! They probably all stopped back a few miles like they always do at that time of night!

Anonymous said...

You had so many damn beanie babies around. I remember that little fascination you had with them. I even think I got you a couple at one time or another.

-Christopher