Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A little tripod fun (for me... not-so-much Cooper...lol)




My $50 Pentax rebate arrived last week and I used to get myself a tripod. Loves it!! The kids are loving it too. First Sean spent about 20 minutes taking pics of himself, then I noticed that Jessi's new video camera has a tripod hole and they spent about a half an hour dancing and doing acrobatics in front of the video camera ...til her batteries wore out :( Gonna have to get her some rechargables, I guess!!

I can't WAIT to go out and take some photos and try some HDR n' stuff!!!

World series tonight. BLECH!!!! Instead I rented 'Reign Over Me.' I heard it was good... somewhere... and I love me some Adam Sandler funny or not-so-funny, so I think I will like it.

In case you are curious... HDR is when you take two or more images and basically merge them to make one 'perfectly exposed' image. Some look a little weird in a neat weird way... some look really cool in a more natural way! I just want to be able to take a photo like this and have the sky actually look as pretty and blue as it does to my eyes!



6 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Awesome pictures, Honey! Love the tripod! Nice job on the sky pictures, too!

Colleen said...

Sky pictures???

Kristie said...

hahha!! Rick - it's like you were trying to sound all nice, but didn't realize you made no sense!!

Nicole said...

Great pics. Maybe a tripod should be on my xmas list!! I didn't think I would care about it much but now that I am getting more in to the "art" of photography it probably makes sense.

Rick Jordan said...

You haven't figured out yet that I am a freaking moron? LOL

Wendy said...

Oh Colleen I just want you to know you fill my days with laughter and I am so thankful for knowing you!! I have never seen a person have so much fun with a tripod before!! Loved the photos and can't wait to see what you come up with in the blogs to follow!! Poor Cooper you should have tried putting peanut butter on his tongue to see if he'd smile with you. Our puppy is coming Friday and I am so excited!!