Sunday, December 16, 2007
Taking a break
...and crossing my fingers for a snow day tomorrow.
I still have 3 more of those "course discussions" to do and a 2-3 page "job description" about my intership and the agency (which somehow differs from the other required -and finished- 3-5 page paper summarizing my internship experience) . Woo Hoo. I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel now with the course discussions and just plain makin' shit up. I also still have to finish my other paper on "Housing options in the Bangor Area for the eldery" ...but that one is easy peasy cheesy and it's almost done on my computer at work.
After a couple not-so-nice days, I think Rick and I have come to an understanding that if we are going to make this '2 income family' thing work... everyone is going to need to pitch in more around the house. And not by just doing the things I tell them to, but to actually SEE things that need to be done and do them. Dr Laura says that 2 income families just plain can't work because the woman always ends up bitter and resentful because she has to do "everything" and the man is unhappy too because he has some bitch nagging at him all the time. (my words... not hers ;) ) Anyway... I would really like to prove her wrong on that one.
Alrighty... I should go start the chicken stew... the PERFECT dinner for this kind of blizzardy weather :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is hard being a woman and working. I did the full time job thing for a while...While Jerry worked in Portland most of the week. It was awful! Everyone needs to chip in a little....I have gotten a lot of help around here lately and I am very happy. :)
The chicken stew was perfect for this crappy day! Hoping you get your snow day tomorrow but I don't know! Depends on when it switches over and when it stops I guess! Winter isn't much fun with the exception of Christmas! I miss spring! And turkey hunting! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Hope you get your wish and have a snow day!! Not likely to happen here...Good luck with the papers! I don't miss that one bit!! I'm sure you'll do just fine. Regarding things getting done around the house; I know it is very hard but once you find what idea works for everyone you've got it made!! Enjoy your week as much as possible!!
Post a Comment