Tuesday, August 29, 2006

There is something to be said for privacy...

Yes...me...the blogger and life sharer just said that.

I have been appalled several times over the past few days when visting online scrapbooking galleries. Layouts of naked little boys cupping themselves and standing in a line.... another little boy peeing into the ocean... a layout about a little girl getting her first period complete with cut up maxipad dryweave as embellishments. All of these layouts were beautiful...well done...layouts. Even the pictures themselves were adorable and innocent enough...FOR FAMILY to see. When I first discovered the joys of the online scrapbooking community I was quick to scan and post every decent LO I had in my book. I even posted one of my son's potty training layouts....and a REALLY cute (if I do say so myself...lol) LO about my son's obsession with his butt crack ;) I have since removed both of those. I have realized...and I hope others do too...that there are some SERIOUS freaks on the internet. The possibility of some sicko pedophile looking at MY CHILD in 'that way' makes me sick to my stomach. I have NO DOUBT that those pigs prowl around those scrapping galleries like vultures. I have even heard of pedophiles being busted and having piles of Creating Keepsakes and Memory Makers....scary.

Of course there are those who prefer to see the world thru rose colored glasses...but even those people should stop and think before they post certain things if maybe they are embarrassing thier child...and not just laugh it off and think...'oh she'll laugh someday too'...maybe she won't, would you?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!