Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Yet another conversation I never could have guessed I would have....

Sean just said to me...in ALL SERIOUSNESS mind you.....

"Umm...Mommy... I was wondering if maybe we could build a big cave outside with a REALLY REALLY REALLY big pool with water in it and get a hippopotamus to put in there"

"No silly!" ....I responded...

He is visibly angry and sad... "WHY!? All we need is a lot a lot of water and some rocks and we would just feed it the hay"

At a loss for a better reason as to WHY he can't have a hippopotamus....I explain to him that hippos can only live in places where it never snows. This seems to make sense to him and he sadly says, "ok" and with his head hung low sulks off to bed.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the end of the hippo thing ;)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG, I freaking LOVE that kid!! He is too funny. I bet tomorrow he will wake up with a grand master plan as to how you guys can get a hippo and make sure it is warm all the time!

Angela said...

It's just your luck that Christmas is coming soon.....and they'll be playing the "I wanna hippopotamus for Christmas" song. That oughta help! LOL