Woke up around 5 this morning to a text message from WLBZ saying that my college was closed . I got up to pee and look outside and Jessi was coming upstairs in despair because she was really hoping for a snow day, she had been watching TV and her school was not cancelled.... it also wasn't even snowing out. I told her that my school just cancelled, and reminded her that it's 5AM... and often the cancellations don't start rolling in til 6ish. She moped back to her room, certain she had school. Once I was back in bed for about 5 minutes, I got a text saying that the kid's school had been canceled. She was a very happy girl :) I went back to sleep til around 7am, then called my office and was happy to hear "The office will be closed today due to the storm...." The best thing about that is that we get PAID snow days, just like holidays!!! LOVES MY JOB!!Rick is home today too. He was planning to work since they are short-handed there right now, but after an absolutely miserable night of being on-call, he decided he would stay home today. Last night might have been his worst night ever of having that pager. He would be in the middle of handling one call when the pager would go off for another. He finally gave up even trying to sleep and went downstairs to "sleep" on the couch. He is so good about trying not to bother me and let me sleep when he is on call... but I always feel guilty sleeping while he can't.
Alrighty... Jessi wants to make a movie and needs a 'Windows Movie Maker' lesson!
3 comments:
Yeah- that sucked! That was easily the worst night I have ever had on call! I lost count of the calls and the pager going off but I think it was 45-50 times! I never even got to sleep! Oh well, today is my scheduled day off anyway so I don't feel so bad about not being there.
Well I hope that rick got a bit of rest during the day. ;0P
You are one lucky person having paid snowdays!
I am only slightly jealousy!
Aww Hell I'm really jealous, paid snow days!! Are they hiring, LOL...Heck we don't even get paid Hurricane days here!! So who is in the snow photo??? You can keep your snow, I've seen it and had enough, LOL...that is why I'm living here now!!
Ugh to Rick being on call all night...that isn't fun!! He's a good man though for sleeping on the couch and letting you get some sleep...You need your rest so you can get over your crud!!
Post a Comment