Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fairies EXIST!??? WHO KNEW!!!??




My mother-in-law has always wanted a fairy garden (or miniature garden as I have recently learned they are also called ;) ). She showed me some AMAZING pictures of fairy gardens in a magazine while we were at Moosehead Lake. I must admit...they are very beautiful and just too freakin' cute all at the same time! Some of them are INCREDIBLY intriate and even have model trains that run through them! There are little ones in containers, and huge ones that take up acres. Liz has a VERY green thumb...unlike my black one...but she doesn't think she can make the cute little furniture that are featured in these teeny little gardens. So I have been researching the net for pics of gardens to get ideas for the pieces I am going to make for her for Christmas. I have already started collecting milkweed pods for little hammocks and twigs for little chairs and swings. I love makin' stuff! I think next year I MIGHT try the fairy garden thing...in a container...not ready for the big leagues yet ;)

Anyway....while doing all this research I stumbled upon a site with PROOF from ADULTS that fairies exist!! WITH PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know what to do with that information...lol!! I had NO idea that people even THOUGHT they did...or that there was a whole culture that lives thier lives in search of fairies. That's umm.....something...I guess :)
Posted by Picasa