
Today was a half day at Jessi's school. In Bangor she never had half-days...here they have them every month!! I remember always loving the half-day...almost more than the full day off. Anyhoo... ;) The kids spent much of the afternoon exploring outside...as they often do...and Jessi found a few Monarch caterpillars. And ...as things often do around here...they became our latest science experiment. The kids ran next door to their great aunt Nancy's house to get a large jar (and large amounts of candy ...as they often do there...lol) Fortunately for me...little Miss Jessi is an EXPERT on Monarch raising as she has raised them in her school classes a few times. So now we wait for them go into the chrysalis stage...and then we wait again for them to emerge as monarch butterflies..and then we let them go. Here are the stages if you are interested...I had no idea the turning into a chrylasis stage only took a few minutes!
3 comments:
Wow, NEAT!! I didn't know it happened that fast! I don't think I have ever seen a monarch caterpillar?? That would be a neat thing to do with Sophie.
Well come on over and get some! We have LOTS!!!
Well...not like NOW...that would be scaaaaaarrry...lol!! I don't even like letting the dog out when its this dark out. ESPECIALLY since Rick saw a bear yesterday about a mile up the road!! YIKES!!!!!!!
Post a Comment