The company I used to work for just called me and begged me to come back. Apparently the laws for being a Behavior Specialist have changed and only those with higher levels of education can work with these kids now (which ...well...it's about time). She said I could work as little or as much as I want to...but to please consider coming back because they REALLY need me. I just don't know what to do. I COULD go back and work just 2 days a week, Mondays when Rick is home anyway...and Wednesdays when the in-laws have the kids. Of course we could use a little extra cash....but here are the 'buts'....
- Once a month or so the in-laws go to Boston for Liz's cancer treatment...they usually don't take the kids that week since they are tired from the trip
- If I am working on Mondays...I am giving up one Rick and my days off together
- I did NOT like that job...especially since the new 'no kids in your car' policy. I hate 'hanging out' with a child at their house. It's really dumb and feels...and sometimes IS...babysitting. At least before we could take them out to the library...playground and other activities. They also always give me the 'worst of the worst' because I am one of the few that can handle them. I'm talkin' kids that should are one step away from being institutionalized because they are so dangerous and the bs1 thing is a last ditch effort before resigning to the residential program.
- We always seem to have car issues of one kind or another...no big deal right now because I have no where I 'need' to go at a certain time.
- I am planning on watching a couple kids in the mornings before school...and possibly after school also...so if a parent called me needing before school AND after school care...I'd have to say no.
- I lose my "Wednesday" I look SO forward to my break from it all one day a week when the kids are at school/in-laws.
- Even tho they say I can work as little as I want to...they always hint and ask if I would like more hours...making me feel guilty and like I am 'in trouble' that I am not working enough
Pros....
- extra money...but working 6 hours a week...that's like $80...Is it really worth all of the above crap?
- I get out of the house a couple days a week
Hmm...I really can't think of any more pro's... I think I have my answer to the quandry.
1 comment:
I heard that things have changed A LOT as far as treatment too. Instead of just working witht the kids you have to work with the WHOLE family! So when you are at the house you aren't just focusing on the child's behavior you were work on all of the family dynamics!!!
You could always see if our favorite family still needs someone! LOL!! At least you know everything with them and all the crap that goes along with it!! HEE HEE!!!!
Post a Comment