I had to remove some of my 'Bloggy people I Stalk' links today. The 'famous' scrappers are shutting down their blogs left and right. Why, you ask? Because people are nasty!! There are a few 'scrapbook critic' blogs out there where people discuss various scrapbook related things. These blogs are interesting to read because unlike the zillion message boards out there where people are friendly...and frankly a little (ok a lot) butt-kissey...on the blogs people can post anonymously and say what they are really feeling. Now...obviously I read them...so it may be hypocritical of me to bash them...but I don't care. I read them... and but I don't say things like "Ali Edwards (a famous scrapper for my non-scrappy readers ;) ) has a big fat butt and her layouts suck." Among the nasty, childish comments there is usually legitimate conversation.
I think that the creation of these blogs has turned the scrapbooking world on it's ear. They have taken an innocent, fun hobby and turned it into a dark, backstabbing world of jealousy and pettiness. Saying nasty, spiteful things about published scrapbookers is the main event at these blogs. Now...obviously those that are being slammed don't have to go read it, but honestly...Could YOU NOT go and read something when you know people are talking about you? I couldn't. And even if the 'celebs' DON'T go read it, the 'posting anonymous' thing has spilled over into people posting anonymous, RUDE and vicious comments right on the celebs blogs...which I think is really sad :(
One thing about scrapbookers is that we have all had "YOU MUST JOURNAL!!!!" driven into our heads....so writing interesting/fun/make you think stuff seems to come pretty naturally. I really enjoyed...and will miss reading many of the blogs that have shut down.
1 comment:
well.. it's like I thought!
Post a Comment