Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dude...I'm never again getting a Dell!!

Remember those commerials with the "Dude I'm gettin' a Dell" guy? I bet he has never had to deal with their tech support in pakistan, india, iraq....who KNOWS where!!?...but they definitely barley understand and English...and speak it even worse. ARGH!! My laptop is on it's way back to the factory to be fixed. The motherboard where the the power plugs in is loose and the cord keeps falling out...or I have to hold it at odd angles to keep it connected while I am trying to use it. That alone would not make me never want another Dell...things happen with every brand. But trying to get the people on the other end of the phone to UNDERSTAND the problem and TELL ME what they are going to do about was right up there with giving birth!!!!!! Not just that...but Dell laptops will ONLY work with DELL AC adapters! And Dell AC adapters SUCK...they are not at a right angle, so they stick out too far and I think THAT is the root of the motherboard coming loose (but god forbid you get THEM to admit that!! Trust me...I tried)!! So they get more money from you if you want another adapter....then they get even MORE money from you when the adapter breaks your motherboard. Pretty shady. Fortunately I am still under warrantee, so I am not losing any money...just my laptop for who knows how long :(

No comments: