I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I ALSO love that we have a fake tree! Rick and I were both raised on the 'real trees only' side of the fence and we agreed a couple years ago to defect over to the fake side ;) I love that the weekend after Thanksgiving is all about decorating!! With a real tree you have to wait to get it closer to Christmas because it will dry out, needles fall out, and it makes a big ole mess. The WORST thing about Christmas (ok...that and the trash and paper bag booby traps mom would set up outside my bedroom christmas eve so that I couldn't sneak out and peek...lol) when I was growing up was going to get the tree and then my parents making a wait a day to decorate it so that the branches could 'settle.'
And of course we have to put out the purple tree. The tree that was supposed to be kind of a joke has turned into a christmas tradition!
Cooper's new favorite resting spot is under the tree. He has also almost knocked it down twice. Dogs can't really stop on a dime on wood laminate floors, if ya know what I mean ;) I love how he always lays with his paws crossed...too cute! Rick thinks Cooper is going to unwrap and mess up the presents under the tree (he bases this on the fact that when we lock him in the bathroom when we go out, if the toilet paper is not put up...we come home to a REALLY big mess). I don't think he will bother them. I guess we'll see :)
Fake smiles all around :) I think these pictures are a riot because Sean and Cooper have the same expressions on their faces...lol! I guess people REALLY DO look like their dogs!
Better get back to decorating. There are still no ornaments on the tree, just lights and garland. Tomorrow Rick and I ...ok mostly Rick....lol... are going to hang the lights outside on the house! It is SO exciting to have my OWN house to decorate!!!
1 comment:
ROFL, Too funny! Very happy for you that you have a NICE home to decorate!!
Post a Comment