My aunt called me a few weeks ago with a big ole lightbulb above her head ;) She had been talking to my mother and mom had mentioned the wishblade that I had talked about. It is a scrapbooking tool that is like a printer, but instead of printing...it has a blade that cuts. You can cut any font or shape with it. It is $400!! So.... after their conversation Auntie started brainstorming ways that I could get myself one. She reads my blog and has seen that my house is always full of kids and crafty kids at that ;) So then it occured to her that I should teach an after-school scrapbooking class to some of Jessi's friends and charge for it...then use the money I make to get my wishblade. She must have caught me in the exact right mood because rather than think about it and doubt myself and then think some more and never DO... I decided 'why the hell not give it a shot'.... 'can't hurt, right?' I decided on Wednesdays after school...5 weeks for $60 per kid and I printed out flyers that very day for Jessi to give to her friends. I assumed that maybe 1...maybe even none... would sign up, but at least I went for it, right?
As I had expected... all of Jessi's friends wanted to... and all their parents said no. Mostly because most of these Hampden kids are in activities up to their ears...so the scrapbooking thing interfered with their 'Master Family Schedule' ;) ;) Then one of Jessi's Bangor friends signed up...then her sister signed up too, and yesterday one of Jessi's Hampden friends finally convinced her parents to let her come too. So as of right now I have 3 kids starting on Wednesday...that's 2 more than I thought I would have :D
What will I do with my $180?? Well... I don't want a Wishblade. Even when I talked to Mom about it I said that I thought $400 for a scrapbooking tool was completely crazy for a hobbyist...but that it was a pretty cool thing. I could see maybe having one if you had a big scrapbooking career and needed to cut things out for classes and stuff.... but for a regular scrapbooker like me I think it's extremely frivolous (even IF I earned the money myself on the side to pay for it). I DO want to put some shelves over my table...and I want some 'schtuff' ;) I must say that it feels REALLY GOOD to be able to buy all the stuff I have been eyeing without even feeling the slightest bit of guilt that I am taking from the family budget...and I did it without sacrificing any family time!!
So thanks Joyce!!! GREAT IDEA!!!!
7 comments:
Very cool!
I have no doubt that you could do very well doing stuff like that.... You know I think there would even be plenty of opportunity for the Adult ed community as well.
Just something to think about while you are in a NOT doubting yourself mood!
I was just thinking the same thing Jerry. I was over there and using all your cool stuff. You could definately get adults to come to classes and maybe eventually get a place outside of the house you could teach. Does that scrap book place in Hampden offer classes? What a great career to have teaching something that you like. I know if you did adult stuff I would pay to use your equiptment and all that.
$200 - ROFL, ROFL, ROFL, ROFL!!!!!
Hey Nicole.... You are suppose to Pretend that he is in the ballpark. ;0P
That sounds like a lot of fun! I agree about the Wishblade. I couldn't justify spending that, I don't care whose money it is.
Let me know if you decide to go with Jerry's idea and offer your skills to an adult ed class. I have some "ins" and I could at least get you started on what you need to do to set something up like that. YAY COLLEEN! Making money at what you love most, it's great!
Oh Rick All I meant was get the 360...Just cause you have it doesn't mean that you play it with Sean. Play it in your time, and play his games with him (the Colleen approved ones) See On both of your sides!
Post a Comment