OK...so obviously I have a looooong way to go...but that's the fun of it :D Yesterday I added water and today I got the gravel, a fake plant (just for decoration until I get the live plants going) and let Sean choose an ornament. I also ordered the special lighting (over 50% less online than around here!) I will need for the plants. Oh yeah....duh...and a few cheap little fish to get the 'cycle' going. The kids are so much more excited about this whole thing than I thought they would be! Sean has been watching the bubbles and fish all day with brief play breaks.So it's a bit bare right now...but soon....ok...maybe not SOON...but EVENTUALLY.... it should look something like THIS!
4 comments:
You are a brave, brave woman to put 50 gallons of water on something I put together! LOL! Just kidding- I am sure it will last at least two weeks! I think it looks great now- can't wait until you get it all set up the way you want!
LOL...when you said 'put together' I was thinking of the whole house and the floors...since the fear of ruining them with a fish tank catastrophe was what has kept me from getting a tank until now... but then I realized that you meant the tank stand...lol!
impressive!! We had a fish tank long ago, and the only green was the alge growing on the walls..... hummmmm. Great job!
It is going to be really cool. The sound of the pump running used to relax me. I think were you put it is cool too. No dogs are kids can get to it to knock it over...Trust me that sucks...course I balanced mine on a thin stand...it was just asking to be turned on it's side! Can't wait to see the little fish!
Post a Comment