Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Games

So Rick wants a new gaming system. We have a Ps2, an xbox and a gamecube.... but apparently that is not cutting it....lol. Just kidding ;) I do get why... they are not making games for ANY of those systems anymore since all the companies have new ones out. Rick hasn't played video games for months and I thought he was just growing up...lol... turns out it was actually because all the games he plays are only available on systems he doesn't have. Poor Ricky :( Of course when he brought it up my first response in me head was 'no way! what a waste of money' but before that thought came out in words it occured to me that I have scrapbooking... aquarium keeping... and whatever else I decide to do. He has hunting and fishing... neither of which he is able to do for about half the year. So if he wants a new game system...who am I to judge... at least he doesn't watch WWF anymore...maybe he IS growing up!! ROFL!!

So he is researching systems... I am researching systems... There is a lot of research going on...and we are at a bit of a standstill.

ps3- WAY too expensive... no way!

xbox 360- BTDT... but also there are very few games that the whole family can play on it as it is geared towards adult 'men' ;) Which Rick is... It is also $150 more than the wii. He hasn't said so, but I think Rick wants a 360 the most because it's what he knows...and it has all the games he likes.

wii- Well... for one thing I don't want my tv smashed, but also they are still pretty hard to find and I am certainly not going to pay $410 for one on ebay. Rick was concerned about the controller as he didn't want to have to play Madden by jumping around and throwing stuff, but you can buy a regular controller for it.

So we are a bit stuck.

3 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

You are right- if it was just for me, I would say X-Box 360 in a heart beat! They play all the games I like and have the best graphics for the games I like. However, Sean is young and impressionable and you are trying to get him off the violent video games so his Daddy playing a soldier game where he shoots all kinds of people or GTA where you steal cars and shoot people- probably not what you ordered. The only problem with the Wii is that it doesn't have the hunting and fishing games that your husband and son love.

Anonymous said...

I think that maybe Sean can play his gamecube games with Dad and Dad can play "his" games when the kids are asleep or away...That is what my brother-in-law does. There are not a lot of grown up games for the wii thingy...and it is so new that it is hard to tell whether it will stick around for long....Anyway...I love to play Tigerwood Golf...If you ever want to have a tourney...

Artistically Twisted said...

I have this "Totally Tubular" Atari 2600 that is just collecting dust if you are interested!

Killer Graphics!

~[Falls over Laughing]~

I am such a tool! :D