Thursday, February 15, 2007

A snow day adventure

Today at the crack of dawn I got a text message saying there was no school yet again! (The local news station offers that as a free service and I LOVE it!) Ugh. I must say I was kind of ready for a school day. Turned out to all work out just fine though. We all had friends over to play :) Jessi had one of her Bangor friends over, and Sean and I had Julie and Zach over. Julie was also going a but stir crazy from snow and kids ;)

Unfortunately...even with her 4wd... Julie got hung up on the snow bank created by the snow plow and was hella-mega stuck! We pushed...we dug...we shoveled and forwarded and reversed...then we gave up and scrapbooked :) After scrapping we went out to give it another try and did all of the above once again...again to no avail. Luckily for us a valiant hero in a plow truck took pity on our pathetic-ness and pulled her out. And then he plowed my driveway for me :) He is the MAN!! Even though he didn't ask...I paid him for doing the driveway. It's nice when you are reminded that there are still true gentlemen in the world... other than the ones in my family.

Here are today's creations...
It was hard to get my mojo going at first because I REALLY want to scrap my Disney pics...but they have not arrived yet :( Once I got going though ....I got in the groove! I also got to play with my new journaling stamps a little and I love them!! Those will definitely be getting a LOT of use!!

Off to get dinner going. Pasta salad tonight. Not very 'wintery,' I know, but after eating like crap all week at Disney...we all crave fresh veggies and healthier stuff like crazy!! Plus...it's just plain yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's OK Rick...I could hear Jerry's voice saying that I must have come at the driveway the wrong way and that is why I got stuck. He has little patience with these kinda things...We do not work well together when it comes to vehicles. I think we would have come to blows LOL...I had a great day...Colleen...I love the pages you made. I will definately be over to play again :) I just wanted to give you the heads up that Zackie has a little stomach thing going on...He seems ok this morning but I am keeping him home because we had a little incident last night that I would not like to happen at school...It would be a little embaressing. I think it is because he ate junky stuff on valentines day..but I will let you know...and if it is a little bug going around sorry to bring it into your house. You guys can come over here if you want tomorrow night. I will talk to Jerry and then give you guys a call later to let you know. Be Well!