Wednesday, May 10, 2006

$1000 scrapbook contest LOSER ;)

I didn't win $1,000 worth of scrapbooking stuff at scrapbook.com. Not that I expected to. Last year I was so hopeful to win. I was obsessed with that silly contest. I did LO's, re-did LOs, took those down and put up new ones....... This year I didn't even agonize over my entries. I didn't even realize that today was the notification day for the winners until I saw the big thread yesterday for the excited and hopefull masses. The other entries this year are AMAZING! I can't wait to see who won. I am actually coming to accept that my style is not 'magazine/contest style.' I am a pretty simple scrapper. I have fun with the occasional collagey 'load everything you can' on the scrapbook page, but overall I like the 'less is more' look for my own stuff. And since my scrapping is for ME...not magazines...I can scrap however I want! Contests are SUPER FUN to enter! They get me to try out new stuff and techniques that I otherwise wouldn't, but these days rather than making special stuff 'just for the contest'...I am trying to make the contests fit into whatever I am working on anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»