Friday, May 05, 2006

Say Cheese!....ummm....nope

We had a great time playing at the park today. All up until we thought we'd try to get the kids to allow us to take some artsy farsty photos. It went something like this.....

Me: OK KIDS...come here for a picture! Jessi lay in the grass and I'll stand above you.
(Jessi was already beside me...Sean and Sophie hear me yell and both run away in opposite directions screaming like raving lunatics)
Jessi: Ewww...there's bugs in the grass
Me: There are no bugs in the grass...dont be silly
Jessi: Well it's itchy, and I get all itchy when I lay in the grass
Me: OK Then...I'll ask Sean...HE'LL lay in the grass for me.
Jessi: OK!! FINE! I'll lay in the stupid grass!

The next 5 minutes are spent with Nicole, Jessi and I trying to catch Sean and Sophie, who think this chasing game is like THE BEST GAME EVER! We get them to the grass and they all lay down and begin rolling all over the place screaming and shielding thier eyes "IT'S TOO SUNNY!!!!!! I CAN'T SMILE WHEN IT'S TOO SUNNY!!" SOOOO....I say "ok lets go to a shady spot and again...Sean and Sophie take off like we are the hunters and they are the jackrabbits. This time I am quick and clever enough to trick them into trying to race Jessi to the shady spot. Once AT said shady spot, Sean and Jessi lay down, Sophie lays down like 9 feet away...Nicole helps Sophie get closer as she is in a fit of squirming and giggles. She gets close enough and I snap a picture as quick as I possibly can, ...DAMN IT...Sean is covering his eyes....by the time I notice this and go to snap one more...the only one left in the viewfinder is Sean. So...I snap one of him and call it good.

It was a good idea...would have been a really cute photo. Maybe next time...on a MUCH less sunny day.....and maybe without the kids...lol! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»