No...this is not a Christmas blog ;) I was just thinking about blogging, and blogs, and it seems that everyone's blogs are either SUPER nice or SUPER nasty. Is there no middle ground here. If a blog is truly about being a journal then there should be. I mean...noone is nasty all the time....and even FEWER are nice all the time. The blogs that make me gag the most are the ones that go on and on and on about how WONDERFUL and EXCITING and FABULOUS the persons life is. I just wanna reach through the screen and shake them and say, "DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT WHEN YOU GO ON AND ON LIKE THAT....IT MAKES IT _GLARINGLY_ OBVIOUS THAT THINGS ARE REALLY NOT-SO-GOOD IN YOUR LIFE AND YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT! HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD THE PHRASE, 'I THINK THO DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH'---yeah, they are talkin' about you sweetie." It's sad really. To lie in your blog. I think that's even worse than cheating at solitaire. Unfortunately...the person I most would like to say this to wouldn't exactly be receptive to my feedback...and there is no nice way really to say it. She lies in her blog not just to make herself feel better....but to hurt the feelings of other people (which....I also wish I could tell her---it doesn't work---people are just laughing at her and she just looks silly). She thinks by going on and on about her idyllic life...those she has left behind are going read her blog and think, "Wow...what a great life SHE has....too bad mine sucks....oh how I wish I were her" Instead her blogs evoke giggle fits and entertainment value. But hey...at least she's getting hits right ;)
On a more personal blogging note. I am loving that nobody I 'know' knows about this blog (yet) I even went in and changed some settings to make myself a little more anonymous, but I am still ME...don't believe in the 'assumed name' crap. I realize it is inevitable that I am 'found out'...but for now...I like this. It was so freeing to get the above off my chest without feeling like it's going to turn into a cat-fight. Where 'she' reads what I said...then goes right over to HER blog to post nasty stuff about ME...when I am not trying to be nasty...just honest. Which is...in my view anyway....the point of blogging in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment