Saturday, September 02, 2006
I am a single woman
Until Friday ;) Rick is officially gone on his 'week of maniless' (lol...he doesn't call it that...that's all me ;) )at Beech Hill Pond. Yesterday was one of those days where I often found myself wondering if I was his wife, or his mommy. Crack of dawn 5am....take him to work so that I could have my van...then home to work out, get the kids ready for the day and get Jessi off to school. Then I spent a couple hours getting ready...cleaning the house...and doing laundry so Rick would have his 'special fishing shirts'...yeah...he's a freak. Then Sean and I were off to Walmart...the Bangor one of course as I would rather have major dental work than go to the Supercenter in Brewer. Man I hate that place. Anyway.... At Walmart I had to get Rick a new watch...new underwear...shoelaces (since this week he has been using zipties to fasten his boots (back to the freak thing again ;) )...and Tae Bo on DVD so that he wouldn't have to run outside as he was dreading that. The kids also needed new sneakers so Sean tried on about 10 pairs to find ones he liked...then cried for the rest of the Walmart visit because he REALLY WANTED THOSE COWBOY BOOTS!!!!!!! Good times...good times. Then it was on to the library to return our very overdue books and movies...only to discover that I forgot 1 book..1 movie..and my checkbook. ARRRGH! After the library we had to stop at the grocery store so I could get the stuff I needed to make Rick and the guys some yummy treats and a bottle of Seagrams...which they wouldn't let me buy because I had also forgotten my ID at home. Once home in a flurry of activity I baked a cake, made rice crispy treats, and completely trashed my kitchen at the same time. No time to clean up tho...as Jessi had arrived home from school and we had to go back to the library to return our books, pay the fine and get Rick a couple books to read at camp. Off we go again. Jessi manages to finagle a sleepover invite on the way to the library on my cell phone...perfect...I wasn't busy anyway...why not add bringing her to a friends house?....lol! Library books gotten...fine paid...Jessi dropped off...JUST in time to get home to cook dinner!! Wasn't I complaining of boredom the other day?? What the hell was I thinking!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes you were complaining that you were bored! They are gonna sooo make fun of him and his Tao Bo! I can't believe you wouldn't let Sean get cowboy boots! You are such a mean mom, LOL!
Post a Comment