Check me out! My 'Ribbit' page is the 'page of the day' at Memory Makers magazine's website!!
It's been a pretty good scrappy week! I found out yesterday that I made it through round 4 of a contest I am participating in on my fave scrappy site. Round 5 is the final round! When I started, I was just crossing my fingers to make it through ONE round! This final round is a doozy tho...there are 2 parts and part 1 is to make a LO about SHOES!?? Yup...SHOES! I do have an idea, thank goodness.....but it took some serious brainstorming!! The LO at Memory Makers today is actually the LO I made for round 1 of the contest. This is why I love entering contests and doing calls...not because I think I will win (because history has proven otherwise time and time again....lol), but because it gives me direction with my scrapping and gets me to try new things! Love that!!
And if that is not enough... I am teaching a scrapbooking class for the Town's Rec Department in the next session! My background with teaching Creative Memories will help a bit here...but I have taught non-CM classes also at a grouop home for teen mothers.
I know that a lot of scrappers have goals to be published....be on a Design Team....etc. I am not a goal setter at all. Once I set it goal...it starts to feel like work. I would never want scrapbooking to feel like work!! I do submit a LO to to magazines and DT's now and then on a whim....just because it would be pretty cool to get a LO in a magazine. But from what I read on the message boards...many of the 'wannabe pubbed' submit like 30 LO's a WEEK to the magazines!!! Holy Crap!! I don't even make many more than that in a YEAR! Plus...I would HATE to have people talking nasty about something I made on one of those scrap critic blogs, they are brutul over there and act like it's OK to bash these women's work because THEY made the choice to get it published. Yikes. Not nice at all.
On the butterfly watch.... We didn't get to see ANY of the action...they are sneaky little buggars. We now have 2 Chrysalis and 1 casualty :( Sometimes when they are shedding their skin to create the chrysalis they become detached and fall. Once they fall hey cannot develop properly and die. Oh well...Meatloaf said it best...'Two Outta Three Ain't Bad" ;)
1 comment:
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Congrats on having that page on Memory Makers website!! I love that LO and Congrats on making it to the 5th round of that contest!! I have a pic of my lobster flip flops I have been wanting to do a layout with it but can't figure out how exactly I am gonna do it!! You will do a great job teaching, you taught me to scrap many many moons ago!
Post a Comment