Sunday, September 10, 2006

Why the hell do you blog you freak...so you like it when people WATCH, huh?

There is a lot of "why do you blog" .... "blogging is stupid"... "people who blog are stupid" talk around the message boards...and ironically the blogs...lol... lately. I must admit that Rick thinks the blogging is pretty stupid too...although he did have a good laugh about his "blog." I can see why some would think it's dumb....but why bitch about it?? Who CARES if someone is blogging or what they are blogging about?? If you don't like it... DON'T READ IT!!?? Duh. This is not rocket science here folks.

Why do _I_ blog??
  • I started blogging when my favorite scrapbooking site at the time revamped and added blogs...I started mine there because it was a new fun thing to do there.
  • I found that I loved being able to go back and read where my head was at on days past...like on December 15th of last year I was fuming because the house building wasn't going well....in April I was having some severe baby fever! I know that a private journal would accomplish the same thing...but I have never been able to keep a private journal as long as I have blogged. I think knowing that people are going to read it...and click on that link just to see what I am up to keeps me going. Gotta keep my fans happy :) ....ROFL!!
  • I blog as an extension of my scrapbooking! I have done several LO's based on blog entries. This one is based on my very first blog entry here at blogger. I have also used my blog as a reference a zillion times when scrapping to look for dates or details to use on my pages.
  • I LOVE reading blogs! They are even better than soaps because it's REAL life (well...really typed by them anyway...as to whether what people type is true or not......) I have a whole folder in my favorites of 'blogs I stalk'...I have about 20 in there right now! So as much as I enjoy reading them...I think it would be a bit hypocritical of me not to have one of my own.
  • I REALLY like blogging because I am lazy :) My family (Hi Mom!) and my friends read my blog...therefore I don't have to tell the same stories over and over again....love that! I like to share what is going on with my life and I enjoy writing.
  • And last but not least ...why I switched to THIS blog... I like this format MUCH better. My family was not as inclined to go to the scrapbooking site to read my blog...I can't swear at sb.com... the atmosphere at scrapbook.com is VERY "Leave it to Beaver" I am not that kind of girl ;)
So...that's about it. That's why I blog.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Omigosh... so funny to go back and read this! Especially since Rick is the KING of blogging now!