Thursday, November 09, 2006

More random ramblings...

...but no more dream talk...I promise...lol

As the say wore on yesterday I felt much better and thought 'hey! maybe I am NOT going to get the nasty cold after all!' However as I walked through Shaw's this morning struggling to push the cart that felt like it was full of bricks (when so far it only had carrots, sweet potatoes and soy sauce) with my head pounding and sweat pouring down my face like the Electronics Boutique guy (...inside joke for anyone who lives in the Bangor, Maine area)...I realized, 'Damn...I am sick.' Aren't I amazingly in tune with myself?...lol! I probably should have realized something wasnt right when I brought Sean to school at 830 this morning and was told that he didn't have school until 945 today...but that is something I would do even if I wasn't sick. Seriously...I do stupid crap like that all the time.

Speaking of school! Sean is there now and we have had NO TEARS ALL WEEK!!! I could have thrown a freaking party the other day when he woke up and asked 'Is it a school day?' and when I said yes, he said, 'YAY! I like my school now!!'

And Speaking of school. I watched the Dr. Keith Elbow....or whatever his name is... show yesterday and they talked to school kids about sex. most of the kids they talked to said their first sexual experiences were at 12!!?? And some said 10 and 11!?? WTF...SERIOUSLY...WTF!?? I have seen this information around a lot lately....it wasn't really news to me...I guess it just hit home hard yesterday watching that show. The trend for kids these days seems to be not having a steady boyfriend and just 'hooking up'....along with the trend of blow jobs being as common as kissing and girls wearing bracelets or trading cards to tell which sex acts they will, or have performed. I am seriously digusted by all this...and seriously terrified for Jessi. I realize I am saying seriously a lot...but SERIOUSLY...WHAT is wrong with kids right now!? I don't know what to do. I know that Jessi knows about sex, we have always been very 'matter-of-fact' about it...but I don't know if she knows about things like oral sex and stuff. Should I be telling her...warning her? I don't want to sit her down and tell her what a blow job is! She is ELEVEN for cryin' out loud. But so much information out there is saying that within the next year or so her friends (NOT HER DAMNIT) will be doing this stuff!!! :::deep breath::: We do talk often about this kind of stuff and she is very open with me. She told me the other day that one of her friends holds hands with her boyfriend, but that her mom doesn't know about it because "she doesn't talk to her mom like we talk" (awwwww :) ) This same girl has a category on her buddy list called "lovers." I asked Jessi if her parents knew about that and she said they did, that the computer is right in the room where her parents are. WTF? They are OK with that!? That is SO wrong. Which brings me to another question... If Jessi ever comes home and tells me that so-and-so did ---insert sex act here--- ....Do I call and tell the parents? I would want to know!! But I'm sure there are many out there that already know...or don't want to know?

If you are out there reading this...please don't take these questions rhetorically... I really would like to hear other's thoughts on this stuff!!

Off to go pick up my sweet, innocent 4 year old at preschool.... ;)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

YIKES!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!! She is only 11!!! I didn't start doing any of that stuff until I was WAAAY older!! I am really feeling for ya! Make it stop!! PLEASE!