Thursday, November 30, 2006

Reindeer Games

I got this from the fabulous Rebecca's blog. If you are reading this...consider yourself TAGGED (i.e. you now have to put these questions, and your own answers) on YOUR blog!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa doesn't have time to WRAP GIFTS!!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white ? on the tree I have both (I used to only have white, but I found the cutest colored lights at home depot that look like they are dipped in sugar and had to have them), only white on the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? LOBSTER!! Our Christmas tradition!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting THREE cabbage patch kids (one from santa, one from my aunt and one from ???) the year that all the moms were kickin' each others asses over them ;)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never had a 'moment' that I found out...or maybe I did...I don't remember. I have TERRIBLE long term memory.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was growing up we got to open one present of my mothers choice on xmas eve. It was ALWAYS PJ's to wear that night. It took me forever to catch on that it was only going to be jammies. I do the same thing with my kids...and they caught on right away...lol.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ummm...with my hands? And my eyes too...lol... When I do the lights I step a few steps back and squint so that I can see any bare spots ;)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!! And can't WAIT til it covers up our ugly yard o' mud

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Every year my gifts are my favorite!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Frosted gingerbread cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to see what Santa brought and then be at my in-laws by 5ish. I act like I hate it...but I love it ;)

17. What tops your tree? A star/snowman thingy

18. What's your WORST holiday memory? Having to go down to my grandparents in Connecticut for the holidays the year my parents got divorced and seeing my mother having to pretend to be happy and in the holiday spirit.

19. What do you usually serve/eat for dinner Xmas day - a 'traditional' meal or something else??? Lobster!!!

20. What is your favorite holiday movie? The newer version of Miracle on 34th St

21. Do you dress up on Christmas for dinner, or do you have special holiday PJs? The kids get new holiday PJ's every year. We don't dress up for anything around here...lol

22. Do you exchange gifts with all your family? Just some? pick names? How do you do it in your family? We do a yankee swap for the extended family party on Rick's side of the family. My side of the family is really small...and my father is a little on the scroogey side ;) So when we get together with my fathers side, it's pretty much about gifts the kids. My mom always comes to stay with us for the holidays and we all exchange gifts with each other.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I forgot about the Cabbage Patch kids. My mom was one of those moms. That was like the Tickle me Elmo of our generation!

Mindy said...

My mom didn't do the CP kids thing. I think it was because I wasn't really into them or maybe she just didn't want to fight the crowds???