Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving...a pictorial review :)

On today's menu everyone wrote what they were thankful for. Apparently Sean is thankful for thunder...not sure what that's about?? On the board I wrote I was thankful for family and my home...but secretly I was thankful for Liz's kitchen sink being installed so that we could eat there ;)

The kids went over to B and Grampa's house early. B bought them some fun gingerbread houses to decorate.


Aunti Patti and Dad came to celebrate the holiday with us. Dad was going to spend the night and babysit the kids in the AM when I went shopping, but I decided not to go, so he headed home after dinner.


Once the turkey and my 'Potatoes Anna' (well they ended up being more like TIM'S 'potatoes anna' since I was giving Patti the house tour and he did all the work ;) ) were done, we all headed over to Liz and Jr's for dinner.

It's ALL about the football :) Rick was glad to have his brother there to watch football with him for once! I took the opportunity to lecture Scott about how lonely Rick is since Scott got himself 'whipped' and now stays home to watch football with his girlfriend (who was not there because she doesn't 'do' thanksgiving because it makes her sick to see people eating meat off bones....and no...she is not a vegetarian...oy.). Scott says he can't help it because she likes football too. I say that she is still in the 'acting like I like football'/'lets see just HOW much I can make you do and get away with it' phase of the relationship ...but whatever ;)

Liz and Jr were so proud to be able to entertain in their nice new house. It was very cute :)


Good meal....Good nap :)


We had a great day! I was a bit apprehensive about the 'mixing of the families.' The 2 families are VERY different! But it really was a very nice meal with great conversation. The only bummer of the day was not getting one of the special Amazon 'xbox360 for $100' deals....not that we expected to, but we had to give it a shot!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! So let me just get this straight?? Sarah sent her kids over but she didn't go?? Wierd! The house looks good.
Love the what people are thankful for on the chalkboard!!

Colleen said...

Um...yeah. It was a little wierd. Scott brought Caleb and Sara stopped by for a quick visit and dropped off Cassie. And if Scott and Sara ever find this blog I am a dead woman....lol.

And no Ingrid...this is not your cue to find a way to send it to them :p ;)

Ingrid said...

Damn......;)