When I switched over from the "Creative Memories" style of scrapping, I was quite impressed with my new style and more excited about scrapping than I ever was before! Then I found Scrapbook.com, 2peas and the rest of the world of scrapping. While it fueled my excitement even more... It also frustrated the HELL out of me. I would look through those galleries and see gorgeous layout upon gorgeous layout... And then I would look as mine and feel WAY inferior. (Which was a HUGE blow to me, because I always thought I was a pretty good scrapper!) I felt that way for awhile and then at some point (not sure exactly when), that feeling went away and now when I look at galleries I am still blown away by some people's work... But I don't feel bad about my own at all. I am happy with my style. (Even if none of my layouts ever sell on Ebay for $760...lol)So now in my excitement over my new camera I decide I want to start taking some cool pictures like I see constantly on 2peas. (link to 2peas photography gallery) There are some SERIOUSLY talented photographers over there!! I even went out and bought a sheet to use as a backdrop and some other stuff to do a photo shoot with the kids. Yesterday I decided to give it a shot when the girls were here for the scrapbooking class since I thought it would be neat to give them a couple pics to add to their books. It was damn near a disaster. I had NO CLUE what I was doing! The girls were wild... The light was wrong... The sheet was wrinkly (since it was such a spur of the moment thing I had no time to even throw it in the dryer)...the hooks kept ripping out of the ceiling making the sheet fall down... UGH!!! Then I tried to fool around with Photoshop a little later in the afternoon and remembered hardly anything from the 3 chapters I had just studied the day before. So here I am again. Feeling inferior and frustrated. Why do I do this to myself?? I have always been delighted with my photos! I have even had one win an award and be published! Yet I still I seek out those great photos "for ideas and inspiration" and then sit here having a pity party for myself. What the heck is that about?
...counting the days til I have that moment when I realize that I am perfectly happy with my photos and couldn't care less about the photos OTHER PEOPLE are taking!!
4 comments:
You take great pics! Let me remind you that the GREAT pic that you took of Sophie that won an award, was published, and was one of the photos in one of my layouts that was published was taken with your OLD camera and wasn't a pic that you agonized over before you took it. We were fooling around trying to be artsy and it just happened!
You have a REALLY nice camera but I truely think that REALLY GREAT photos are taken by naturally great photographers and you are just that!
Nicole is right- you take great pictures but great pictures don't come from being staged! You shouldn't be worried about other people's stuff because your stuff is awesome and all yours!
I agree with all the comments before mine! Girl, you have talent, and don't forget it!! HUG!!
You have a great style and I really like it. It is unique. The picture thing takes time, but I am sure you will get it and it will become second nature. You have a totally awesome camera btw I was going to say something last night but I forgot.
Post a Comment