Thursday, March 15, 2007

Started out nice.....


The scrapping class is going well! I think my favorite part is that it's only an hour and a half...lol! It's funny that an average people think of little girls as quiet and sweet. I don't know where that stereotype came from, but it is SO way off! They are LOUD, squealy, messy, bouncy, and they eat like pigs...lol!! They are all doing very well with their scrapbooks. I am glad I decided to have them do 8x8 pages, makes it SO much less overwhelming for them and ME! I also get a kick out of the fact that they LOVE all the stuff that I think is tacky or garish... so they are using all the stuff I would never use! My CM heart punch has been collecting dust for YEARS! It got more use yesterday than it has in the whole time I have owned it! They are having a blast, and I am too. It helps that all the girls are girls that are here all the time anyway, so it just feels like any other day... plus I can yell at them and tease them...lol!

On a not-quite-so-happy note... My brother-in-law is back together with his girlfriend and she moved herself and her kids into his place. The whole thing irks me on many...many...many levels... but the biggest 'irk' is that Sean has FINALLY stopped asking about her son (Sean and him were buddies when they were together before). He had a hard time grasping why he couldn't see his friend anymore... and now he will start seeing him again and I have to figure out how to explain that. Do I explain (because he WILL ask or say, "You told me we weren't going to see them anymore!!) that we might see them now and then, but soon maybe we won't see them again anymore... or just act like they are all back together again and deal with the inevitable break-up when it happens? UGH... I hate that their drama has spilled over into my life! ANd I just have to say... if SEAN was so affected by just not seeing his friend anymore... imagine how HER kids feel getting jerked around like they have been all their life. If they find this blog someday... so be it... I can take it... and frankly... none of this is anything I wouldn't say to their faces... and someday probably will.. I hate seeing kids get hurt by adults who only care about THEIR feelings and THEIR lives. BLECH!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about kids being dragged around. It sucks. I have done my share of being selfish in the past but you know there comes a time and an age when you have to say hey I AM the grown-up here. My kids should be happy first. You know we only have our kids living with us for a short time in our long lives. She can go off and be sleezy and drunk when they move out and still have plenty of good years left to do it :) Now that is just my opinion, and I am not a perfect mom, but I try. And my son knows it. Your kids know it too Colleen. I don't know if I would say much to Sean about it...Unless he asks...My son has not asked about Sheryl's X-step-kids so I am not talking about it....

Don't get sick before your party wait till Sunday so you can be pampered ....

Rick Jordan said...

I know Hon- he is my brother and all but I don't get why they would do the whole not live together thing and then just move back into his place! I don't get it!

Nicole said...

CRAZY and SELFISH! She obviously she doesn't put her kid's needs first and to me that is just WRONG!

Artistically Twisted said...

Well woyuld ya look at the weather out there??? O_o


I don't think I will ever fully understand how kids adapt to the crap adults put them through.

'Nuff Said.