We had no big plans for today. Jessi had a friend over and they wanted to go to the pool, but upon looking at the pool schedule decided that wouldn't work. So Jessi asked if I would take them roller skating instead. I must have still been on a 'work-out high' from the Gazelle workout I had just done because I said, "Yeah... why don't we all go skating! That would be fun!" They started getting ready and I started to realistically think about what I was getting myself into. I realize this is horrible to say, but Sean is kind of a woosey. He hates heights...won't sled by himself...won't go over the nets at the playplace...you get the idea ;) So I strapping wheels to his feet probably wasn't going to end well. But hey... you never know, right? So we get there (after a stop at ACMoore to get some new goodies since they FINALLY got lots of fun new stuff!! AND a stop at Kohl's for new sneakers since on the way to Bangor Sean was crying that his feet were hurting and I felt them to discover that his toes were about to come right through the front of his shoes---that JUST fit fine a couple weeks ago!!) I get rollerbladesand the kids chose regular skates. . Sean fell about 437 times before we even got to the floor and was NOT having fun, but was being a good sport about it. The girls are having a hard time too and decide to switch to blades. The blades didn't help... apparently for Jessi skating is NOT like riding a bike. She used to rollerblade ALL THE TIME when we lived in Bangor. She had a terrible time of it and had to stay holding on to the wall most of the time. (It didn't help that is was REALLY busy.) We ended up skating for only about an hour until Jessi burst into tears of frustration (he friend is a great skater), and Sean was pretty much done himself. I left a bit upset also. I can still skate just fine, but I was SO SORE skating! My lower back hurt, my calves burned and I am totally going to be feelin' it tomorrow. When I lived in Boston, I pretty much LIVED in my rollerblades. I think I wore blades more than shoes! I could do tricks, jumps, stairs...and the only aches and pains I had were bruises from practicing new tricks! So that kinda sucked. On the way home Sean said, "I was really excited about that skating... but I do not wanna do that again! I tried and tried but it's just too HARD!!!"
We'll try again someday... some far far away day ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment