Thursday, April 19, 2007

Today Sean had his 5 year check up. The poor guy had to have FOUR SHOTS :( He did SO well with the first two. Took deep breaths just like I told him to and didn't even cry. Then when she went over to the other arm for the other 2... he just couldn't take it anymore and started to sob. It was so sad :( I thought that bike shopping afterwards would perk him up a bit... and it did... a bit. But between the shots and the Motrin, he just wanted to go home.

We got both kids new bikes today. Jessi hasn't had one since we moved and got rid of hers (too small... and old and yucky). Sean grew out of his last year too so his Uncle Chris sent him some birthday $$ for a new bike AND a new helmet and pads. He chose a Batman set of pads and helmet and will be just too cool for school on his fancy new bike with his super cool safety gear ;) Jessi is at a sleepover and doesn't even know she has a shiny new bike waiting for her in her grandparents garage (because they are going there tomorrow for a sleepover....WOO HOO!). She is going to be DELIGHTED!! She has been begging for a bike since we moved here!! I plan to get a bike for myself too, but the budget is busted enough this week I think ;) I about pooped my pants when I saw the total....ROFL!! Thank goodness bikes are a once every few years kind of thing!!

2 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Yeah- I know what you mean- I almost pooped my pants when you told me! Not really- I trust you fully and with all my heart! LOL

Anonymous said...

I have a bike out in the garage that I have been meaning to fix up and ride...But you know sometimes it is just cheaper to pick up a 50 dollar jobbie and start from scratch. I think it would be cool for Zack and I to ride down to see you. The kennebec road has a lot of sidewalks to ride on ....

Poor Sean I remember when they did Zack I had two nurses come in and they did two each in his legs...No warning...Boy was he pissed but it was done...His little arms were too small ... He was such a skinny thing ... I am so glad that he is 75 pounds now!