
Oh what a night!!! Last night was Jessi's school's variety show (i.e. talent show minus any competition because GOD FORBID any child ever get their wittle feewings hurt). It was somethin.' I will admit that it was kinda cute at time ....but 2 hours of preteen girls singing along to a Hannah Montana CD kinda wears on ya ;)
One thing I DID notice... was that there are WAY more chubby kids than 'regular sized' kids. When I was in elementary school chubby kids were VERY rare... and the 1 or 2 that there were got teased. You hear all the time in the media that our kids are getting too fat from sedentary lifestyles and I would definitely have to agree after seeing it with my own eyes. I guess the schools see it too since Jarod from Subway is visiting Jessi's school today :) I have to say that I really don't 'get' parents that let their kids get fat. Parents control their kids activities, and parents buy all the food. There was a time that I saw that Jessi had started to gain weight and I (without her even knowing) made some adjustments to her lifestyle and that took care of the problem that I saw may be developing. (So easy to do with someone else... now if I could just do that with myself!!) I know that the cards are stacked agaisnt her genetics-wise ...so I am trying my best to teach her how to fight her family's fat genes!
OK...off my hypocritical soapbox ;)

4 comments:
You can't control her forever! I really didn't notice that a lot were fat but I wasn't really looking for it, either! I spent the night looking at people, knowing that I knew them and not remembering who they were! I was quite glad that obviously none of them remembered me, either!
No I can't control her forever, but I can teach her good habits for when that day comes!!
I don't think it is hypocritical of you to want your child to be healthy. It is something we have to learn as a child or else we struggle with it our whole lives. My mother's idea of teaching us how to control our weight was to smoke, and not eat. My sister over ate from stress and all we drank was sode (and beer lol) It has been harder for me to learn good habits now that I am an adult. I think it is mixing activities into it and giving healthy choices. It has been weird for me because Zack has always been under weight for his height and age...There was one point where my doctor told me to make him milkshakes for breakfast and peanutbutter and fluff for snacks. I see that he needs to start eating healthier now that he is up to a good weight. His little finger nails are all warpt from bad habits. Anyway.....I agree with you.
sode=soda
Post a Comment