Thursday, April 12, 2007

We have DEFEATED THE RABBIDS!!!

The kids and I had some Wii fun this afternoon and finished the last couple levels of Rayman Raving Rabbids. It was pretty cool to beat the whole game and the kids were VERY excited!! I don't think they have ever done that before!

On a more educational note... Sean and I have been working on reading. It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! Jessi was very self driven to learn to read and would spend hours going through phonics cards and practicing sounding out letters and reading her 'Bob's Books.' Sean OTOH is not the LEAST bit interested in learning to read. He HATES it when I sit down with him and a 'Bob's Book' (or any other book) to work on reading. Well he is still not feeling well, so he and I were sitting on the couch together playing some games on the laptop and I found the BEST SITE for working on the reading thing!! He and I read a couple stories there, and he did get sick of it after awhile, but he enjoyed it MUCH more than he does when I am working with him. I think maybe it's less pressure and less confrontation having the computer tell him what to say and do... also it's more like him and I reading and playing together, rather than a me vs. him thing. Anyway.... Here is the site.

Hopefully tonight will bring the full night of sleep that Sir Sickey Sick from Sickville robbed us of last night cuz I am TIRED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are still working on the Rabbids but what a fun game!

Zack still hates reading with me and he just butts heads with me most of the time so I don't enjoy it. Now Jerry and him do much better. I think Girls take to reading and writing a lot easier than boys. I think it is because boys would rather be poking things with sticks and running around. :)

Hope everyone feels better.