Sunday, March 11, 2007

:(

Without placing any blame... this is what went down.

I was sitting at the island last night waiting for the fries to finish cooking so that I could then turn them into Rachael Ray's 'Funky Fries.' Rick went into the scraproom to go on the computer and then came out and brought me my camera because he 'accidentally pushed a button' and didn't want to mess anything up by trying to turn the camera off. I turned the camera off, set it down and continued what I was doing. About a half hour later as I am chopping parsley, Sean comes in to sit at the island and talk to me. He accidentally knocks the camera off the table and onto a chair...then onto the floor. I gasp. I check the camera and it turns on ::phew:: ...then I notice that the screen is all purple... and that it only takes blank purple pictures. :( Sean runs upstairs crying. I let him because I am really upset myself and don't want to go ballistic on him because I know that it was just an accident. Rick comes down after working out, I say, "My camera is broken. SEAN knocked it off the island after YOU had to bring it out there." (which obviously I realized that it wasn't Rick's fault, or even Sean's, it was an accident... it's not like it was the 1st time the camera has ever been on the island... and it's not like the camera just as easily could have fallen off the desk in the scraproom... but I am upset and pissed off...) Humongous fight ensues. We must fight quickly and wrap it up because Jerry and Julie are on the way. So it was a fast ...but fierce one ;)

I will call Olympus on Monday and see if it's fixable, but from what I have read on the net, 'impact injuries' are usually more costly to fix than to just get a new camera. Let the research begin. ::::sigh:::: It's fun to buy new stuff.... but I hate spending money to replace stuff I already had.

After that the night got MUCH better! Jerry and Julie came bearing gifts for me (for my birthday and a housewarming gift) and nothing cheers me up like PRESENTS....lol! Sean went off to bed, so we were kid-free, which is a rarity! We had a BLAST all playing Wii. 'A couple drinks in ya Wii' is even more fun than regular Wii! LOL

3 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

You were talking about getting a new one anyway!
Early birthday presents ROCK!

Anonymous said...

We didn't even notice that you guys had been fighting. Glad I brought presents over early! I am a kid I can't keep presents for people and give them when I am supposed to! I hope you find a new camera. Jerry's is really awesome it has the biggest screen they make and it takes really amazing pictures I can have him tell you about it if you want.