It must be since I have blogged so much.... but this one wasnt waitin' til tomorrow!
Jessi came home from school ALL FREAKED OUT because one of her friends got an anonymous e-mail stating the following.....
Torn from your body, removed while you scream
Dissect to collect, my blade now reams
Pieces of flesh lie side by side
Worn on my body or put on display
I will kill you
Of course the girl forwarded it to Jessi's whole circle and they are all upset and the phone was just ringing all afternoon. I quickly doused that fire by googling those words and informed Jessi that it was lyrics to a song. The phone lines heated right up again with the new info... ahhh tweens... gotta love em ;) I still don't like the whole thing and told Jessi if someone tells her they got a 'bad email' and they will send to her to show her that she needs to say "No thanks....all set."
THEN.....
I am listening to the radio while I am cooking dinner and the news comes on. Apparently there is a bomb threat for tomorrow at the high school across the street from her school. (Jessi knew all this ...but in all the other drama had forgotten) The HS closed for tomorrow, but Jessi's school is remaining open. Phone lines heat up again... this time with me calling Julie to see if she is sending Zack to school...my mom to see what she thought we should do... Julie said she called her police officer brother-in-law and he said they were not too concerned and thought it was bogus, but were being cautious all the same and that she was going to talk to Jerry about it when he got home. Rick comes home and we talk and he says, "No way she is going to school. Sure nothing is probably going to happen, but do you even want to take a 1% chance that something did happen and you had chosen to send her to school?" Um... No... I don't. I could never live with myself if I knew I had the warning and sent her anyway. Julie called a few minutes later and Jerry said pretty much the same thing. So... no school for our kids tomorrow and they are delighted.
2 comments:
Yikes!! I totally agree, better safe than sorry!!
YOWZER!!!! I think you made the right decision!
Post a Comment