After supper the kids, the dogs, and I went for a bike ride. (Well... I walk... they bike) There is a quiet side street right across the street from us that is about a half mile long that is paved... unlike our driveway that is not good for bike riding. So off we went. Sean had been riding all weekend at his grandparents house, so I was confident in his skills. I should not have been....lol. The street is VERY hilly ...so much so that both kids had to get off and walk their bikes up the first hill. Jessi hopped on her bike at the top and headed on down the loooooong hill. Sean was just going to walk his, but I said, "Get on your bike, Bud! You know how to use your brakes.... just don't let yourself go to fast, use your brakes and you will be fine." So he did. And he went FLYING DOWN THE HILL AT ROCKET SPEED!!! I am SCREAMING..."USE YOUR BRAKES!!! PUSH ON YOUR BRAKES!!" He is still flying down the hill at brake-neck speed... his bike is wobbling back and forth... my heart is pounding a million miles an hour and I have one hand over my mouth and one on my head as I watch him just KNOWING that he is going to tip over and brake every bone in his body!!!!!! As he gets near the bottom, Jessi (who was already at the bottom also watching in horror) also starts to scream at him to put on the brakes and as he flies past her and she yells at him he yells back at her, "NO WAY!! THIS IS AWESOME WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!" At the bottom he slowed down...and then rememembered how to brake and hopped off his bike, hands in the air yelling, "WOO HOO! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!" I honestly have NO idea how he did not tip over! When I said, "OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU OK!?? You gave me a heart attack!! Did you forget how to use your brakes!?" He says, "Yeah, I forgot, but that was AWESOME! I wanna do it again and give you another heart attack!"
Fortunately for my heart... when we reached the top of the next hill he was too scared to even get on his bike again ;) So THIS time we did a lesson with me holding on to him at first coaching him how to brake every few feet to keep himself from going to fast.
Boys are fun.
4 comments:
The good news is he actually scared when he does this stuff! I would be more worried if he had no fear like he did when he was three! You remember Disney- he was scared of everything! The bad part is going to come when he realizes he isn't scared anymore because he will try ANYTHING!
Too funny!
Sounds like he is a pro now! I am glad that he didn't fall!
How fun! and funny too!!!! Can't wait til my kiddos are old enough to ride thier bikes :)
Post a Comment