Monday, July 09, 2007

I am fully aware that I am a crazy person...

...so if as you read this you are thinking, "Damn.... she's seriously nutso." It's ok ;)

Thursday or Friday night I listed my camera on UncleHenrys.com (It's like craigslist for maine hicks like me ;) available on the net and in a weekly at convenience stores.) I listed it for $300, which is just a tad less than what I paid for it. My plan was to sell my camera and use the $ toward my DSLR. Saturday Nicole came over so we could play 'cameras' ...lol. I liked her camera very much, and she is taking FABULOUS pics with it, but there is a lot to learn. I went back and forth all evening and into the day on Sunday. Then my cell rang. It was a guy wanting to buy my camera! I got all anxious inside and ...I realize how silly this sounds.... but part of me felt like this guy wanted to take my favorite "thing" away from me!! The NERVE!! (ROFL) I continued with the back and forth, pro and con crap all evening. Then I talked to Mom who in a moment of motherly genius said, "If you are not sure if you are ready and you are perfectly happy with the camera you HAVE, then you are not ready for a new one right now. When you ARE ready for a new one... you won't feel like so apprehensive about it." Yeah! What SHE said!

So for now I AM happy with my camera!! And until I am NOT happy with it... I am KEEPIN' it, damnit!! If that makes me not one of the 'cool kids.' Oh WELL! ;) ;)

Oh yeah... one of the big reasons (hope you realize your ride on the crazy train is not quite over...lol) that was sort of a 'clincher' for me was that Tim and Kristie were here yesterday and we got talking about hiking and decided that in the fall we are going to hike in to Gulf Hagas- 'The Grand Canyon of Maine.' None of us have ever been and there are AMAZING photos to take there, but the thought of hiking through rivers and climbing around on rocks and stuff with a $600+ camera makes me a little sick to my stomach. Do I really want a camera that I am going to worry about taking with me on the trips where I would want to bring it the most???? Someday I probably will. But day that is not today!!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Holy shit, you are totally on the crazy train. I thought I was bad not being able to sleep at the very thought of having a new camera. Lets remember too that I had a camera that was wasn't great. It was ok but not what you and I both desire in a camera. Your camera is great and you don't really need to upgrade. I needed an upgrade bad!

Kristie said...

I'm feeling a little motion sickness from that crazy train! WOOOW!!

I'm excited about Gulf Hagus! YAY!

Mindy said...

well, there you go! Enjoy your camera, and take some wonderful pictures!! :)

Rick Jordan said...

I've been to Gulf Hagas and it totally didn't do it for me! That could have to do with the fact that I walked a LONG way with a ton of fishing gear to find out it is too fast to fish! I didn't even get a mention in the whole camera fiasco? That isn't fair!

Anonymous said...

You were so excited when you got the camera you now have and you take amazing pictures with it. Sometimes more isn't better too...Having 300 dollars more "features" than your other camera may be more than you have time to mess with. What to hell do I know though ... My camera is almost 9 years old and the damn thing cost us like 650.00 way back then...It was like the third best camera you could get at the time...But it is almost useless now a days...Jerry on the other hand is all into his new camera...Perhaps I should upgrade sometime :)

I love your pictures I know I have said it a thousand times, but that is what I love about your blog...How clean and clear and creative your photos are. J~

Artistically Twisted said...

You take amazing photos Colleen... and the Camera you have is pretty amazing as well... it makes mine look like a spongebob instant camera.

Colleen said...

Thanks you guys!!! :)

LOL at Spongebob!