Tuesday, July 24, 2007

So THAT'S what scrapbooking magazines are for!!

OK, so I admit. My scrapbooking magazines often sit unopened for months. And then when I DO open them, I just flip through and say, "Oh that's cute" a few times and then then they end up in the pile with all the rest of the magazines. I pretty much NEVER actually try any of the techniques, tips or tricks. So yesterday I wanted to try a little something different and I remembered seeing a neat trick in one of the magazines and decided to give it a shot. You use white rub-ons, on white paper, then paint over them, then wipe off the paint. LOVES IT!!! Now I will FINALLY use some of the gajillion packs of white rub-ons that have been sitting untouched in my drawer for YEARS!!!


I wish white Layouts photographed better and looked white instead gray. I'm sure there is some setting or trick to it, but I don't care enough to learn it ;)





I still haven't decided if I am going to bring scrapbooking stuff with me to camp. I am leaning towards not bringing anything. When I have to pack up stuff and go somewhere to scrapbook, I NEVER have what I want and then I never finish anything because I want to wait until I get home and I can use _____. BUT... last year I did LOTS of scrapping and got past that whole issue and even got more creative because of it. BUT... I don't think we will have enough space to bring my stuff anyway....so that was just a big waste of typing and thinking....lol!!

But I WILL bring all those unopened magazines to look and and maybe find some MORE stuff to try ;)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

cute pages!! That is a great idea too. Which ones do you get.

Wendy said...

These are beautiful ma'am, just absolutely gorgeous...and it looks to me like you learned something new...lol...I won't comment on my scrapbook magazines either, lol...as to the grey/white thingy when it comes to photos I was just reading about it last night, ekkk...and no I am not going to explain white balance to you either...go read a book, ha ha ha...You've done some beautiful layouts...I am still laughing at the Euroupean joke...I told it to my stepson the other night...he's 18 and was cracking up!! Thanks for sharing...have fun camping this coming weekend...better you than me...I've gotten lazy with old age and love my showers and nice soft hotel beds...

Colleen said...

Oh don't worry...lol... it's not REALY camping!! We stay in a house on a lake that Rick's company provides for the employees... no roughing it for me either!!! I am an INDOOR GIRL!!!

And... from my limited white balance knowledge... I will try going the lazy route next time and try the camera on the 'snow' setting!!

Rick Jordan said...

Very nice pages, Honey! Good to see you getting stuff out of all the mags you have! Oh, Mindy- I think she gets them all! LOL

Colleen said...

I only get CK. And honestly I don't even know why I still get it. It feels like it's been coming for years, yet I have never renewed!!

I LOVED Scrapbook Answers... wish it hadn't gone under :(

Nicole said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the layouts. I think my favorite is the last one.
LOVES IT!

Rebecca said...

I'm gonna try that trick! Those white rubons have to be good for something! I love your layouts.:)