Sunday, July 22, 2007

THIS is a North American Deer Farm...

Good thing too because I was concerned we may had taken a wrong turn and were now in South America ;) ;)


Liz saw an ad in the paper that 'some deer farm in Carmel' was having an open house today. Rick called me from his parents (were he was picking up their trash to take to the dump) to see if I wanted to go. He heard me hesitate and quickly said, "I'm sure there will be LOTS of great pictures to take there!!" LOL... Does he know me or what!?


In my next life I want to be a farm dog. That had to be the happiest freakin' dog I have ever seen. She followed us on the whole tractor/hayride just completely in dog heaven in those open fields, woods and farm.


It was REALLY hot and sunny. None of us thought of bringing a hat or sunglasses. Not really sure what we were expecting... but we were NOT expecting a hayride in the noon sun ;)

The deer were all HUGE!! They are Red Deer, native to Europe. And because Rick felt the need to ask... No... they cannot interbreed with Whitetail deer ;)





We had a surprisingly great time! When we first got there and saw some deer in a pen, we all kind of looked at each other like, "OK??? Is this it!?" Fortunately it wasn't "IT" ...the hayride was very neat and seeing and learning about a deer farm was very neat too!!

3 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

I had a very good time! That was very fun! Those deer are cool and very big! Sean, B and Grampa all seemed to have a good time, too!

Mindy said...

looks like fun!! Great pics

Wendy said...

Wow that sounds like fun...love your hubby's shirt!! That last photo of your son was adorable...the dog looked hilarous laying in the mud, guess it wasn't a house dog, LMAO...ugh!! Thanks for sharing!