Monday, July 16, 2007
Today's Boredom Buster
Sean woke up a 5AM today!!!!!! WTH!!??? He usually sleeps until 8 or 9. Jessi almost always is up around 5 or 6, but she is independent and QUIET ;) On other occasions when this has happened, I have been always been able to convince him to a: go back to sleep in bed with me or b: watch tv in bed with me while I get a few more minutes 'sleep.' This morning he was in FULL TURBO MODE, so there was no goin' back to sleep for me. So since our day got off on a yucky start, I feared it was going to be a loooooooooong, unpleasant day for our little family. We needed a distraction, and a little jaunt to the stream fit the bill perfectly. I got to take pictures, Sean got to turn over rocks, and Jessi got play and be kid instead of the usual tweenitude we have goin' on ;)
Of course... it's now only 12:39 and we have already had a whole day of fun.... Now what!?
I think maybe a NAP is in order :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What great shots and what a beautiful area. Yes, those reflection ones are amazing. GORGEOUS!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun out there.
Jamie
Looks like you guys had a blast! Glad I didn't take your car!
Looks like fun.
Wow what an early start to a day!! It looks like you all had fun and I loved the slide show...What was that critter in the water? It didn't look like a crayfish...Your stream is beautiful!! Our creek is flooded agian...I went to take Michael down there today and we had 2+ inches of rain last night and I couldn't get to the creek because the dry creek bed was flooded, ugh!! Our culvert bridge was destroyed on the dry creek bed 2 weeks ago when we got 6 inches of rain, sigh!! So I can't get over it if there water running in it! Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos...Hope your afternoon went well and hopefully you were able to take a nap, lol...
~Wendy~
Rick says that creature is a Dragonfly Larvae. They are SERIOUSLY SCARY LOOKING critters... Ewwww!!
...and yes... I did get to take a nap ;)
Post a Comment