Tuesday, February 19, 2008

LOVING this vacation!!


I never really appreciated being home when I was a SAHM!! But I SURE DO NOW!!

I have gotten SO MUCH DONE!! Cleaned out the fridge (even took out all the shelved and scrubbed them!), scrapbooked, cleaned and re-organized the laundry room (really needed to be done and I have been able to put it off so long because a few weeks ago Rick took over all laundry duties, so I haven't even had to set foot in there unless I needed something from the freezer... Have I mentioned how much he rocks lately?.... cuz he totally does!), had time to fool around with my camera and new lenses ...and have even gotten busy on the treadmill every day!!

The vacation HASN'T gone so well for Mr. Sean. I think he has the winter blues and really needs to be outside more, but the weather has not cooperated. Today he had a COLOSSAL TEMPER TANTRUM that left me with my jaw on the floor at how naughty he was being! I laid the smack down bigtime. All video games and computer games are gone for the day, and all 'war' games are gone
period. I wasn't liking that he was playing them anyway, but Rick insisted that he was ok, playing them, and he is really good at them and loves them. I also relented because most of Sean's friends play them also, and they are the same age...... So against my better judgement, I have been letting him play. No more though. And his behavior the rest of today is already 110% better. Right now he is sitting beside me coloring... like a normal 5 year old should be :)

P.S. To any other moms or dads out there, both kids here have been on a kick of finding coloring pages on the net and printing them out to color... there are ENDLESS color pages out there of anything you could possibly want to color! I just google ' power rangers coloring' ...or whatever else I am searching for, obviously ;)




2 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Thank you for saying I rock! Very nice job on doing the treadmill! I am VERY proud of you!

Wendy said...

Wow Colleen you have been very very busy and it looks like your having fun with your new lenses too!! Yea for sticking to your guns with Sean...Your going to laugh...I kind of had the same problem with Michael but you know what I found out the problem was..."Tom & Jerry" cartoons...grrr...he was picking on the animals big time...Once I cut out that cartoon he stopped with the nasty attitude...it's amazing what sets our children off...Thanks for the tip on the coloring pages...Michael hasn't entered that phase yet...but I'm sure he will. Does Rick hire out for training, lol...My hubby needs some training...but then I'm not working except at home so I guess I'll let it go for the time being, lol...Enjoy your week!!