Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow...ish Day


The kids and I are home today cuz it's NASTY out there. It started out as a snow storm... then it turned into freezing rain... right now it's pouring regular rain.... and soon it will start getting colder out and we'll have freezing rain again... and glare ice roads. Good times :)

It has been a very nice snow day though. I knew it was coming so we rented lots of movies. We got 'No Reservations' (Jessi and I are watching it now... great chick flick so far :), Snow Buddies (Kids dying to see this one since Disney has been pushing it like crazy, they loved it and Sean CRIED... TWICE...lol!!) Disturbia, and Lassie. Sean is working on his Valentine's and I am making beef stew for supper... YUM!

Our snow day has also given me lots of time to experiment with Ken's K10d. It's a more upper level camera than mine and he loaned it to me to see if it is better at auto-focusing in low light than my camera is. ...and based on my experiments, it's about the same. There are some great features that it has than mine doesn't, but nothing that makes be feel like I need to upgrade anytime soon.

2 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

I am glad you had a good day off! I am jealous that you get paid snow days! That is just wrong! I guess I am happy you have such a cool place to work at though! They really are good to work for! Very nice pictures- I like them all!

Wendy said...

Great photos Colleen and I don't see much difference between your camera and this one...Tell Sean he did a great job on his valentines, lol...I wonder if I will have to do that next year, Ekkk...Love the cat photos, about time you fed her, lol...Hope you enjoyed your snow day...was laughing at the stew blog...to funny and curious as to how a candle got in the stew, Ewwww...Pizza looked good though...