I hate oatmeal. I always wanted to like it because it's good for you... but every time I tried that instant slop... BLECH! Then I saw an episode of 'Good Eats' that was all about oatmeal. He too said that the instant stuff is just gross and not even in the same food group as the real thing. So I went out and bought myself summa <-----THAT stuff over there. WOW! Holy Yummy!! It takes about 10 minutes to make it in the morning, But it's an easy 10 minutes, boil water, add oatmeal, turn down heat and simmer while you pack lunches or brush your teeth or... BLOG ;) Little bit of brown sugar and a little bit of skim milk and I am set til lunch (or even later... if I wait and eat it during our morning break at work, I am never hungry at lunchtime).So vacation is over. I'm feeling better. I am ready to get back to work! Jessi was ready to get back to school. Sean... well... he's up and ready to go, but I wouldn't say he was feeling eager ;)
Time to send the boy out to the end of the driveway! Have a great day everyone!!
4 comments:
You know I likes it THICK AND ROUGH!!
I couldn't resist.
I actually got some steal cut oatmeal that is like the stuff you got a while ago and really liked it. I like the instant stuff but it isn't nearly as healthy as the real stuff.
love it with brown sugar and milk.
I LOOOOOOOVES it THICK n RUFF!!!!!!!!
Then what are you doing with me? I am more like small and gentle! LOL
if you liked that stuff, you need to try soem from natural living center
i think the brand is fiddler's farm or somethign like that
it is in a reclosable bag
they have just regular patmeal, 4 grain, 7 grain.....very tasty
i like the 4 grain....the 7 is a bit chewy
oatmeal is great way to lower cholesterol (nurse is slippng put)
Lisa
Post a Comment