I have never seen as many fireflies as I have in my own backyard. I guess that is the positive way of looking at the fact that we have a meadow instead of a lawn ;) It is SO COOL to look out there at night and see THOUSANDS of tiny little lights twinkling. Tonight the kids and I did some firefly catch and release. Jessi was the jar holder and her method of catching was using the jar and the lid. Guess what Sean's method was? NO...not with his teeth...lol! Relaying the story to Rick I said, "Sean uses his bare hands to catch the fireflies." Sean looks at me with disdain, then looks at his hands and says, "NO!!! They are not BEAR hands!! They are DRAGON hands" ROFL!!!So we had our fun catching some fireflies...or 'lighter bugs' as Sean calls them. We then brought them in and turned off the lights and watched them for a little while. Jessi then declared that it would be best to let them go tonight so that they don't die. So we did :)

OK...here is my rendition of the evening...lol....
1 comment:
Very NEAT!!
Post a Comment