I don't know what is going on with me the past couple days. Maybe this stay-at-home mom gig is driving me insane. Yesterday morning there was a huge GROSS tick on the floor in my hallway. The cat had just come in from being out all night, and since she's on that medication that kills them right away....I guess it just dropped off when she came in. That is just freaking disgusting. I COMPLETELY freaked out! Managed to pick it up with a sock and flush it down the toilet. Then threw the sock away 'just in case' (just in case what?... you say? I don't KNOW!) It is about 36 hours later and I STILL have the heebeejeebees. Rick went to bed before me last night and when I went up to bed I turned on the light and made him get up so I could inspect the bed. He LOVED that ;) I went to the grocery store and the friendly cashier pointed at the sidewalk chalk I had in front of me and said, 'gonna do some drawing?' I couldn't hear her ...only saw her pointing at what I thought was ME...and had a mini freak-out...brushing my clothes off trying to find the bug on me that didnt exist. So, of course I had to explain the whole thing.....highlight of HER day I'm sure.
Which leads us to tonight. I am sitting here in the dark watching "Mythbusters." Rick is upstairs playing xbox. I had just poured myself a glass of my beloved diet lemon pepsi and took a sip and set it behind me on the table. As I watch the show I can hear the soda fizzing and bubbling (I thought that's what I was hearing anyway), so I turn around to grab the glass and take another sip and am instantly 2 inches away from the piercing eyes of the FREAKING CAT...who must have been behind me cleaning herself making the sound I thought was the fizzing. I SCREAMED bloody murder, the cat jumps about 12ft in the air and flys out of the room at light speed. Rick comes flying down the stairs to see if I am ok...and of course by the the time he sees me I am a raving lunatic laughing in hysterics at myself...while my heart is still pounding about 1000 mph. Speechless and shaking his head...he heads back upstairs. So here I am. Heart back to regular speed. Cat still AWOL. Me with a full-on case of the heebeejeebees again because for all I know this whole thing is part of some 'master cat plan' so not only was she trying to scare the shit out of me...she also left some ticks behind here on the couch to eat me as revenge for the numerous thorough full body inspections that she has had to endure today.
No comments:
Post a Comment