Wednesday, June 14, 2006

School's OUT FOR SUMMER!!!

Yesterday was Jessi's last day of school. YAY!! We have a great summer in store for us! I told the kids the other day that just because they are not going to any summer camps (as they both would rather I poke hot needles in their eyes than send them to camp), doesnt mean we are going to be lazy summer couch potatoes!!! Sunday and Monday are Rick's days off and we are always busy doing family stuff on those days, Wednesdays are 'B and Grampa' days (super fun for the kids in the summer because they usually go to fun places and do fun things....super fun for me because I get to do WHATEVER I WANT!!!!!), Saturday is always our big cleaning day, and I told them that Friday is going to be Field Trip day!! Every Friday we are going to take off in the morning to somewhere fun like the beach, fort knox, and maybe we can find some new 'fun spots.' Jessi will be busy several Thursdays also going on the field trips that the town sponsors for the kids. We are also planning a day trip, or overnight trip (depending on fundage) to Old Orchard Beach. Can you believe I have NEVER been there!? Sad, I know. We were going to do Storyland this summer, but I think we will hold off on that one til next year when Sean is 5...then we can combine it with school shopping in North Conway! (<---ok...reality hit right there and I wanted to cry a little...SCHOOL!? NO more babies at home...WTH am _I _ going to do!!??.....lol)

So the kids are off already on thier trip with B and Grampa today. They are being super secretive about the destination...just specified that the kids need a jacket and shoes to wear that can get wet. They are too funny...like it's some super secret spy mission. Tomorrow Jessi has no field trip so we are doing storytime at the library and the playground. Friday is Field trip day...BUT...THIS Friday is a little different. B is coming over to stay with the kids while Grampa and _I_ go on a field trip to southern Maine to pick up our new PUPPY!!!! We are all busting with excitement in anticipation for our new Aussie puppy to come home! We already have all kinds of toys, bones, GATES (lol), now all we need is the puppy!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful summer planned for the kiddos... in fact I may send mine your way........ ;) oh guru of fun!!!