Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I DON'T LIKE BUGS! In fact...I LOVE the outdoors...but hate bugs so much that I am a self-proclaimed 'indoor girl.'


So...of course...the funny lady Fate is...she gives me a little bug loving boy. A boy who is happiest spending his time outdoors hunting for bugs. He even has 'equipment.' He has a bug vacuum that not only sucks up the bugs...but it sucks them into a chamber that has a magnifying glass attached....and a back up chamber in case ...well... I don't know what the 'in case' would be. Of course, as fun as his bug vacuum is...he is a naturalist and prefers to catch critters with his bare hands. He also has his trusty bug cage. A cage that at this very moment houses 2 ladybugs, 1 large unknown beetle, 2 grasshoppers, a crane fly (thank you google), a butterfly wing (found that way...no harm has come to any butterflies during this post), and a spoon sans handle with water in it "because 'the bugs are thirsty'. He also has a fish tank out on the porch that did house a salamander that he found, but 'Sammy' didn't make it. He is very enthusiastic about his bug catching and keeping skills...so much so that he tends to forget that...

1. Mommy doesn't like bugs
2. Bugs belong OUTDOORS

So...my days lately are spent reminding him of those 2 facts....over and over again. I am such a lucky mom ;)

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yes, you are! And, he is just too cute!!

Nicole said...

LOVES this pic!!
Too cute!